• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal notice's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cathy4me

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Hello i'm from Illinois,my cousin passed away and a will wasn't found right away.An execuator was court appointed by a friend that petioned the court to do so.The legal notice was posted in our local newspaper,then 6 month's from that if no one contested the estate the estate would be free and clear.However 2 month's after this, a will was found and my cousin in his will wanted me to be execuater and myself and my wife were sole heir's.My question is the lawer is now saying he had to repost the notice again because of the transfer of execuatorship.We since have let this lawer go and are finishing up with a lawer we have known for years and he is saying the first notice should be valid and there was no reason to post the notice a second time.Could someone please tell me which attorney is correct.Thank-you VERY MUCH,Chad.

anteater

I am not from Illinois. And, after a quick look, I don't see anything in the IL statutes that addresses this situation. There may be case law or court rules that do.

My guess would be that the admission of the will and the change of executor would require re-publication of the notice and a notice informing the heirs at law of the changes.

But, admittedly, that is a guess. If you are comfortable with the opinion of the second attorney, then go with it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">