• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fathers personals stolen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

daddyjustice

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA.
My father passed away in 2005, he lived and worked at a L.A.County Cemetery as the Manager/grounds keeper. His girlfriend lived there with him for 2 years. After a few months we (his children) wished to retrieve my fathers belongings.My Fathers boss refused to let us on the grounds,telling us that my fathers girlfriend had the right to his belongings, claiming she was "his wife,under common law" we went to the police with no luck. they told us it was a civil matter.
The woman took all his belongings from the home at the cemetery, and his cabin home. and his Cadillac She has disappeared. My question is: Is it possible the cemetery could be responsible in complicity or accomplice liability in Embezzlement?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">