• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

BP Oil

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KnownOne

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

As it seems BP has control over who views/photographs their oil along Gulf shorelines, do I have control over who views/photographs my neighborhood if I purchase some oil and distribute it on every street and lawn. Please note I will hold my self accountable for clean-up and all, I would simply like the protection of law enforcement (not allowing people to view my oil) that is afforded to BP.

Thanks

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

As it seems BP has control over who views/photographs their oil along Gulf shorelines, do I have control over who views/photographs my neighborhood if I purchase some oil and distribute it on every street and lawn. Please note I will hold my self accountable for clean-up and all, I would simply like the protection of law enforcement (not allowing people to view my oil) that is afforded to BP.

Thanks
The tinfoil hats are on aisle 3

Antigone*

Thanks
...and your point is...

csi7

BP is not keeping photographs from being shown on the internet and in the news. If you have a specific area you want shown, you put in your request like everyone else and ask for a dated time stamped view.

xylene

Yes it is true that my loose screw detector is beeping, but unlike some nuts, this guy does have a point.

"Oh we don't have the technology to allow our ROV footage to be shown on television. Special underwater cameras... that's it. Plus the images are meaningless and devoid of information, so you know. Can't do it."

Mass_Shyster

Yes it is true that my loose screw detector is beeping, but unlike some nuts, this guy does have a point.

"Oh we don't have the technology to allow our ROV footage to be shown on television. Special underwater cameras... that's it. Plus the images are meaningless and devoid of information, so you know. Can't do it."
Oh, so this is BP's footage that BP is refusing to release. In that case, OP does have the right to say who views his photos of his neighborhood. It's called copyright law.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

OP is NOT talking about the ROV footage (which is BP property).

OP said: As it seems BP has control over who views/photographs their oil along Gulf shoreline...

justalayman

Last edited:

KnownOne

Yeah, sorry about not citing and causing confusion. Thanks justalayman and TheGeekess (and to all above who tried to decide what I was referencing).

It's just interesting, yet scary at the same time, to see our tax dollars paying for coast gaurds (etc.) which are being used against us by a foreign company. Is it hard to believe? Not really; there are no secrets about who controls the government.

Also, sorry about misusing the forum - I treasure the opinions of members, and wanted to get your thoughts.

Proserpina

Yeah, sorry about not citing and causing confusion. Thanks justalayman and TheGeekess (and to all above who tried to decide what I was referencing).

It's just interesting, yet scary at the same time, to see our tax dollars paying for coast gaurds (etc.) which are being used against us by a foreign company. Is it hard to believe? Not really; there are no secrets about who controls the government.

Also, sorry about misusing the forum - I treasure the opinions of members, and wanted to get your thoughts.

You mean that same foreign company which contributes to the economy of the US every single day it operates?

Thought so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">