• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trying to enlist in army

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mizzou1990

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

I'm trying to enlist in the army, but I've come across an issue. My first semester at univ of missouri (a year and a half ago) I got a possession of drug paraphernalia charge. It was an SIS and I got off probation a couple weeks ago. It's off my record, my lawyer changed my plea to not guilty. But because I had pleaded guilty to a drug related offense I'm being told I can't enlist. What do I need to do to be able to enlist? I got a 96 on my asvab and my brother is in the army and my dad and mom were air force, but I'm being held back by a dumb mistake I made almost 2 years ago. Can I talk to the judge about changing my charge to a non drug related offense? I really want to join, what do I need to do?

Thank you

David

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">