• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

new drug charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jsto

Hi. I am new here and was hoping to get some insight regarding my situation. I've been on felony probation for 3 and half years for forging a prescription. Last November I relapsed and tried to do it again and was arrested, which was a violation of my probation. By the grace of God they charged me with a misdemeanor for this. I spent 40 days in jail, and the Judge (from the first case) sent me to rehab. So here's my question.. My court date is coming up for the misdemeanor charge. I have been clean and sober for almost six months, have been attending meetings and counseling. I am worried what will happen to me in court though. Any thoughts on what the Judge (different than the other judge) will decide, taking in to consideration my time spent in treatment and in jail and the fact that I am doing well.....?????

I appreciate any help or thoughts?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GeorgiaWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

Hi. I am new here and was hoping to get some insight regarding my situation. I've been on felony probation for 3 and half years for forging a prescription. Last November I relapsed and tried to do it again and was arrested, which was a violation of my probation. By the grace of God they charged me with a misdemeanor for this. I spent 40 days in jail, and the Judge (from the first case) sent me to rehab. So here's my question.. My court date is coming up for the misdemeanor charge. I have been clean and sober for almost six months, have been attending meetings and counseling. I am worried what will happen to me in court though. Any thoughts on what the Judge (different than the other judge) will decide, taking in to consideration my time spent in treatment and in jail and the fact that I am doing well.....?????

I appreciate any help or thoughts?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GeorgiaWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

**A: the judge could give you a break**************...or could not.

Unless proceedings are suspended in some manner (I'm not familiar with GA law), you should have your sentence to let you know what happens if you are doing what you are supposed to be doing. You probably agreed to the terms you are on and just didnt realize it, so find out what you agreed to. If you are differed or whatever is not a secret.

When you go back to court ask for a copy of your sentencing and talk with your attorney so you know where you stand.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">