• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Victim of PTSD Cover-Up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

devonmikayla

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA

My husband was diagnosed with PTSD appx. two years ago after his tour in Iraq, where he won many prestigious awards. His command tried very hard to deny him the MEB that he was entitled to. However, he WAS diagnosed with war-induced PTSD, and eventually an MEB was started. After mistreatment and mockery by his command, his PTSD and TBI eventually ignited Personality Disorder. The army is now trying to deny him benefits and claiming that all of his issues are pre-existing; there is NO proof, except to the contrary. I have read news articles about similar stories. My young husband was injured permanently by the army. I have evidence/can obtain of everything. We want the retirement benefits he deserves, the rank he deserves and financial compensation for multiple arenas. What type of lawyer do we need and what can we fight for?

ecmst12

He should start with his VA Rep. Disability determinations are weighted pretty strongly in favor of the vets.

xylene

Also - you husband having an underlying mental illness does NOT mean that he is ineligible for disability.

Think of it this way.

Imagine this was physical trauma and your husband had lost an arm in the servicce.

The military is trying to say:

"well we don't owe you for your lost arm because you had arthritis."

The point, metaphorically speaking

Don't get bogged down in proving that your husband didn't have arthritis before his arm got blown off.

Stay focused on your claim - which is injury due to service related psychological trauma.

Good luck and please keep us posted. We really care.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">