• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired for Misscommunication

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

matty2hotty

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA

Gave a 2 1/2 weeks notice to take a week off to watch my daughter while mommy goes to Italy for a week. I worked Saturday have a couple invoices on service work i did, left them in the company truck cause normal office hours is monday to friday, techs take company vehciles home. Well i left my place for 3 days to go watch my daughter, left my personal phone inside the company vehicle so i wasn't able to get a hold of. Came back Wednesday to find the company took their vehcile due to the invoices left in the truck along with if any tech takes time off a week or more then they usually take their truck back to be parked at their warehouse so i was kind of exspecting the truck to be gone. Well came back into work dressed in uniform ready to go back to work, had to wait around 4 hours at the office for the owner cause he wanted to speak with me. Had a meeting and told me it isn't working out with me and there was some misscommunication on my part.

We are commission based pay only on what we sell on the job, and i know my performance sales is not the best compaired to some other techs. Personally i feel its really a lame excuse for them to let me go but i know for a fact its more on my performance of not making the company alot of money in sales cause of course i would still be working for them if i was a top sales.

So what do you think? Atleast claim unemployment or what?

Last edited:

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA

Gave a 2 1/2 weeks notice to take a week off to watch my daughter while mommy goes to Italy for a week. I worked Saturday have a couple invoices on service work i did, left them in the company truck cause normal office hours is monday to friday, techs take company vehciles home. Well i left my place for 3 days to go watch my daughter, left my personal phone inside the company vehicle so i wasn't able to get a hold of. Came back Wednesday to find the company took their vehcile due to the invoices left in the truck along with if any tech takes time off a week or more then they usually take their truck back to be parked at their warehouse so i was kind of exspecting the truck to be gone. Well came back into work dressed in uniform ready to go back to work, had to wait around 4 hours at the office for the owner cause he wanted to speak with me. Had a meeting and told me it isn't working out with me and there was some misscommunication on my part.

We are commission based pay only on what we sell on the job, and i know my performance sales is not the best compaired to some other techs. Personally i feel its really a lame excuse for them to let me go but i know for a fact its more on my performance of not making the company alot of money in sales cause of course i would still be working for them if i was a top sales.

So what do you think? Atleast claim unemployment or what?
Definitely file for unemployment ~ one should never be discouraged to do that.

That is about all you could even think of being entitled to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">