• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical Cost Expenses: LLC vs. S Corp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

turningpointweb

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

California

I am in the beginning stages of starting my online web design business. I am a the sole operator and owner of this business.

I am interested in knowing what business structure would be best in terms of medical expenses and costs? For deductions or expenses, which structure (LLC or S Corp) would be most fiscally beneficial to me?

Thanks,

Zechariah

tranquility

For "medical expenses and costs", probably an S-corp.

But, the question is actually complex and has many factors to consider, so, probably.

Then again, few if any really know how Obamacare will work out right now. I am also a bit concerned that "medical expenses and costs" will be the deciding factor absent unusual circumstances.

turningpointweb

Then again, few if any really know how Obamacare will work out right now. I am also a bit concerned that "medical expenses and costs" will be the deciding factor absent unusual circumstances.
No doubt...:(

Is there any other information you need from me that might help you get a better gauge on my situation?

By the way, thank you for the very quick response! That was like 10 minutes, literally.

tranquility

Now you're talking about basic education questions. You should see an accountant or attorney to help you decide the best business entity for your particular situation.

I'm sure there's a lot of stuff out there on the web for the basic education. Google is your friend. A few things might be:

SSRN-Limited Liability Companies: A Primer on Value Creation through Choice of Form by Stephen Bainbridge

SSRN-Jurisdictions Imposing Income Tax on Pass-Through Entities by Margaret England, Glenn Madere, Jonathan Ross, Stewart Weintraub

SSRN-The Single Member Limited Liability Company as Disregarded Entity: Now You See it, Now You Don?t by Daniel Kleinberger, Carter Bishop

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">