• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was denied UNI for "quitting my job" even though I DIDN'T quit!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

judelucy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

So, I'm pretty sure my situation is unique. I was recently traveling with some friends and took off a week and a half from work, which was approved by my management. In fact, I took time off once every few months to travel, which also was expressed with ample notice and approved every time by my management and they even said, "we want you to have a life outside of work." I'm only 23, and I work retail. I want to experience life as much as possible outside of work and I thought i was at the right place to do that. Anyway, When I was on my way home, I phoned my manager to notify her of my return, as well as arriving home early and that I was ready to resume work. I then was told I had to wait for her to return from a business trip for her to “talk to me.” Once I waited for her return, I was notified that I was no longer able to work for the company, because of me taking time off, even though it was approved beforehand.

Seems like the company changed their mind about me traveling somewhat often, and that's completely understandable, in a way, but in my opinion they could have at least warned me FIRST. Either way, I applied for unemployment and was DENIED! They apparently said i QUIT VOLUNTARILY! I did NOT quit whatsoever and now I just sent in my appeal. Is this right?! Can these people just lie to get out of giving me unemployment?

I really don't know what to do. My father is unemployed at the moment too and I used to help my parents out with my check. I don't think I'm in the wrong, but can someone help me out with some advice as to what to do or alternative actions to take?

Thanks,

Jude

pattytx

Thank you for starting your own thread. However, the answers will be the same as your received on the thread you hijacked.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">