• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probate and Estate Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lgillette

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Az

My husband of 30 years comitted suicide on January 31, 2010, his father passed away on April 9, 2010, and he had a revocable trust which left his three children as beneficiaries including my husband, I was told by the trustee (his Uncle) that as a widow there is no provision for me so the funds my husband would get go to my son, if there is no provision for me then there is no provision for grandchild, can I fight this in probate court, am I not considered the next of kin as I am technically still his wife?

Kiawah

It all depends on the language of the trust document, as to what happens if one of the three children predeceases.

Ask for a copy of the trust document, on behalf of your son, and have a lawyer review.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">