• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probate/Estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lgillette

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

My husband of 30 years comitted suicide on January 31, 2010, his father passed away on April 9, 2010, and he had a revocable trust which left his three children as beneficiaries including my husband, I was told by the trustee (his Uncle) that as a widow there is no provision for me so the funds my husband would get go to my son, if there is no provision for me then there is no provision for grandchild, can I fight this in probate court, am I not considered the next of kin as I am technically still his wife?

Dandy Don

It seems that what you are being told by the uncle may not be true. You need to have a consultation with a trust attorney who will be able to look at Arizona trust law to determine if you in fact do have any rights to your husband's bequest.

anteater

It seems that what you are being told by the uncle may not be true. You need to have a consultation with a trust attorney who will be able to look at Arizona trust law to determine if you in fact do have any rights to your husband's bequest.
Besides replying to a duplicate post...

What makes you think that the OP has any claim on the trust? The OP has no legal relationship with any of the in-laws.

Dandy Don

What makes you think she doesn't have a claim? Let me explain it to you--her husband's father is HER father-in-law. It's money from her husband's father's estate and thus a potential inheritance for the deceased husband's family, and that is why she needs legal assistance to see what Arizona law says.

anteater

Then I guess that you will be able to cite statute or case law (any state will do) that gives a surviving spouse standing to inherit from an in-law's estate.

And, since you apparently did not read very closely, the trustee said that the son of the predeceased beneficiary would receive the predeceased beneficiary's share.

latigo

What makes you think she doesn't have a claim? Let me explain it to you.
YOU are going to EXPLAIN probate law to Arrdy?

Come down to Earth, DD. You’ve been pretending in here so long you‘ve lost touch with reality.

(Do you suppose if I started giving medical advice on the Internet I could eventually open up a gynecology clinic?)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">