• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible Termination from Forest Service

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jrichendrfer

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Montana

My fiancée has recently been employed by the forest service, and I found out today that they threatened termination based on her not having a drivers license.

Our problem is that on every application and form possible, she wrote in that she had a suspended drivers license. Regardless of all of the voluntary incidences of her divulging this information, it was not an issue until now, after she was hired. There was not a single moment in the hiring process that stated she had to have a drivers license, with the exception of a small section that said if she is driving a government vehicle, she has to have a drivers license. However, she does not have to drive a government vehicle as part of her job, she rides in them.

Now they are telling her that she is going to be fired, unless she gets her drivers licence in the next couple weeks. Even though we have been working to get her drivers license, it might not be possible for as much as a year.

I have been shooting through the annotated labor laws of Montana, and could use any help from people who know more about it than me.

Any ideas?

Silverplum

US Forest Service or State of Montana Forest Service??

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Montana

My fiancée has recently been employed by the forest service, and I found out today that they threatened termination based on her not having a drivers license.

Our problem is that on every application and form possible, she wrote in that she had a suspended drivers license. Regardless of all of the voluntary incidences of her divulging this information, it was not an issue until now, after she was hired. There was not a single moment in the hiring process that stated she had to have a drivers license, with the exception of a small section that said if she is driving a government vehicle, she has to have a drivers license. However, she does not have to drive a government vehicle as part of her job, she rides in them.

Now they are telling her that she is going to be fired, unless she gets her drivers licence in the next couple weeks. Even though we have been working to get her drivers license, it might not be possible for as much as a year.

I have been shooting through the annotated labor laws of Montana, and could use any help from people who know more about it than me.

Any ideas?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">