• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Firing because I said that I like being straight to my gay boss

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Maksim

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? DC

Dear Sir/Madam

I have very strange situation . Approximately one year ago I have applied for a position of CIO in our company but I did not land this job (as I was explained I was a bit young for this job) but all executive board and directors have a very good attitude to me .

So m the new CIO started his work with us and first thing that he did he decided to change a lot of things from the governance prospective . From technology side he sucks and failed to justify his approach to all critical stakeholders(he thinks that I am the one who stops this but he is just has no idea about IT and technology , he is from finance and risk management) . I have proved him several times that he is on the wrong track but he did not listen instated he started o hire his friends and creating all kind of issues to me .

He abused me verbally and created pressure from all directions including that he started to advertising my job and blocking my email couple of days ago. I asked a question why this happens and got no reply . I send a question to our global CEO he has immediately replied and asked me to call in a couple of hours over the email . After that my email was blocked and what is strange my phone started to malfunction . I had to buy a new phone to call to my CEO to clarity what happens. It turned out that CIO decided to move me from this position (BTW I am the best performer amongst technology directors and all other regions use my regions as a example) , he decided to downgrade me because he can not just fire me ,I have saved huge amount of monies to my company and now I feel that I am technically abused . Right now, I am sitting and thinking what I gonna do about it . I was not informed about anything just email was blocked and CIO does not pick ups his phone and does not want to talk to me .Today I was asked to resign . There is one fact that really looks strange both CIO and our COO are gays and they support each other very tightly . I have received the most pressure from them!

Pls. help me to deal with this situation.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

ecmst12

I see nothing to indicate that your sexual orientation has ANYTHING to do with the situation.

It sounds like you are an executive, so if you have an actual contract, take it to a local attorney for review and opinion.

No

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? DC
. There is one fact that really looks strange both CIO and our COO are gays and they support each other very tightly . I have received the most pressure from them!

Pls. help me to deal with this situation.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
And how are you aware of the mgrs sexual orientation? and vice versa?
"Chad" and "Ramone" do not need a reason to terminate you.

It appears like YOU are the problem maker...

Beth3

I don't see that anyone's sexual orientation has anything to do with this situation. The CEO hired a new CIO and is backing his new executive, possibly to the detriment of the company. This happens all the time. You've been making waves and attempting to undermine the new CIO (even if you are in the right and he's wrong) so they want you gone.

I'm afraid you're being sacrificed to the politics of current situation. There's nothing illegal about that.

Inquire as to what severance they're prepared to offer in exchange for your resignation. (BTW, they don't have to provide any but it's certainly worth asking about.)

Betty

I also see nothing illegal here. If you do have a binding employment contract, you might want to have it reviewed by an employment contract attorney.

Hot Topic

Sounds like you were a tad jealous of the CIO because he got the job you wanted and immediately started trying to undercut him. I wouldn't want to talk to you, either.

Your claim that you were fired because you said you liked being straight isn't part of the post itself. And it's nonsense.

Last edited:

Maksim

Sounds like you were a tad jealous of the CIO because he got the job you wanted and immediately started trying to undercut him. I wouldn't want to talk to you, either.

Your claim that you were fired because you said you liked being straight isn't part of the post itself. And it's nonsense.
because you also pro gay

The legal fact remains that YOU HAVE BEEN FIRED.

It has been my VAST experience-that people whom cast stones at others sexuality-tend to be
SHORT minded, emotionally, sexually insecure, and often virginal individual(s).

The fact OP has come back to "whip a dead horse"-suggest's OP is not a social animal at all.
Perhaps a "Troll".

Hot Topic

You could have saved yourself a lot of typing time if you'd been straight with us regarding your real problem at the company.:rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">