• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

This all happened in one week! My boss hired and fired, didnt pay me for some hours.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

theduns

I just got hired on Friday the 4th after my second interview with a clothing company doing data entry. I went in on Tuesday the 8th, per my new boss so they could have time on monday to set me up. I worked a full day, but was told to come back on Friday the 11th, because I didnt know their systems, and she had no time to train me since a few other workers were going out of state. I returned Friday after a few days of studying their systems at home, and was fired after a few hours of work, again, because I wasnt an expert on their certain system they use. I was pretty mad about it, because they wasted a whole week of my time, which I could have been using to find another job. On Friday, the day I got hired, the pay agreement was 33 k a year salary. Does this mean I am supposed to be paid from Tuesday - Friday, since it was the boss that was too busy and made me stay at home and waste my time. They sent a check for only 1 1/2 (12 hours). Am I eligible for Mon-Friday , Tue - Friday, or the 12 hours only?

cyjeff

they are only required to pay you for the time you worked.

Let me address the elephant in the room. Did you tell them you could work the system you could not operate?

Hot Topic

You're only entitled to the time you worked.

You may feel they wasted your time. They know that you wasted theirs.

One guess: you didn't know their system, but you took a chance and applied anyway. That's why a lot of employers now put in their ads not to apply for a job unless you have all the qualifications.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">