• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pllcs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DonDay

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I am a realtor in Arizona, and am going on Social Security in October, and want to start a PLLC. In order to stay within S.S. earning limitations, can I just split my future commission checks between my regular account and the PLLC account?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I am a realtor in Arizona, and am going on Social Security in October, and want to start a PLLC. In order to stay within S.S. earning limitations, can I just split my future commission checks between my regular account and the PLLC account?
No responsible member of this forum will aid you in your attempts to defraud the system.

davew128

No responsible member of this forum will aid you in your attempts to defraud the system.
I wouldn't consider an issue. What the OP is trying to do is legal within the confines of tax and SS law, however the desired result isn't feasible. For the sake of argument, lets say the commissions get paid to the LLC. I see no reason why that income wouldn't be subject to SE tax as earned income as if it were paid directly. Since its earned income SSA looks at for benefit reduction, all you did was complicate the matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">