• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2nd drug charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

missbig_boy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? HOUSTON,TX

MY BOYFRIEND WAS CHARGED WITH POSS CS PG 1 <1G(LESS THAN A GRAM)ON MONDAY,THIS IS HIS 2ND DRUG CHARGE..AND HIS COURT DATE IS NOT UNTIL JULY 14...HIS BOND IS 15000,SO WHAT DO THINK THE OUTCOME WILL BE ON THIS??THE SITUTION WAS SO MESS UP OF HOW HE GOT CAUGHT.CAN METRO POLICE SEARCH YOUR CAR IF YOU WASNT IN THE CAR???

FlyingRon

Please do not type in all caps.

Please use words. Possession of what?

The police can legally search your car under a number of circumstances.

He needs a lawyer.

missbig_boy

Ok...for cocaine..and the situation was he as in a area where young ppl hang out and a group of people was standing under a tree and the car was park on the curb..i mean the car was like park right there in front of him...metro police pull up and search everyone,,one person has weed on themand they let her go...he was clean but by the car being park the wanted to search the car...so he tldthem by state law that they cant search the car so the police was goin to tow it..so it was like a double stranded thing i guess and they said ok if i am goin to tow the car i have to do an inventory on what is in the car so that's when the found lesser than a gram of cocaine....and then the torn the car up for no reason??? So do u think he will hve a chance on getting less time???

HomeGuru

Ok...for cocaine..and the situation was he as in a area where young ppl hang out and a group of people was standing under a tree and the car was park on the curb..i mean the car was like park right there in front of him...metro police pull up and search everyone,,one person has weed on themand they let her go...he was clean but by the car being park the wanted to search the car...so he tldthem by state law that they cant search the car so the police was goin to tow it..so it was like a double stranded thing i guess and they said ok if i am goin to tow the car i have to do an inventory on what is in the car so that's when the found lesser than a gram of cocaine....and then the torn the car up for no reason??? So do u think he will hve a chance on getting less time???
**A: I agree it was a double stranded thing.

Let me get this story straight. Your boyfriend, who has been charged with possession previously, was by his car with a bunch of young people who had drugs on them. He had nothing on him, but the cops wanted to search his car where they found cocaine.

You seem to think they had no reason for suspicion to search the car. Even though your boyfriend had a past charge with possession and was hanging out with people who were currently holding.

HomeGuru

Let me get this story straight. Your boyfriend, who has been charged with possession previously, was by his car with a bunch of young people who had drugs on them. He had nothing on him, but the cops wanted to search his car where they found cocaine.

You seem to think they had no reason for suspicion to search the car. Even though your boyfriend had a past charge with possession and was hanging out with people who were currently holding.
**A: now that your have stated it in plain English, it makes the OP's post seem even crazier.

missbig_boy

ok what i am trying to figure out if a person get that charge and has alot of prize(i guess that is what you call it)will they get alot of time,or do it depends on the DA,Judge....and Lawyer

ok what i am trying to figure out if a person get that charge and has alot of prize(i guess that is what you call it)will they get alot of time,or do it depends on the DA,Judge....and Lawyer
I am not sure about that. If this is his second drug charge, it may look like whatever he got for the first one was not enough and perhaps may be more harsh then the first. I dont know for sure, but I would not hold my breathe for a break on his end.

ERAUPIKE

I think you meant, if a person is arrested and has a lot of priors. There is no way to tell the future and there are far to many variables, both known and unknown, for anyone to even begin to accurately forecast your boyfriends future. You can be sure of a few things to start. First, this is not simply going to go away. Your boyfriend is facing some serious charges that may result in jail time. Second, your boyfriend is headed down a path of self destruction that will eventually destroy your life as well. Is he really worth it? Last, he will get a trial and he will likely be found guilty. A public defender is not going to crusade against the violation of your boyfriends civil rights. Their case load is already large enough. You can feel free to hire a private attorney to pursue that avenue but you can expect to pay thousands upon thousands of dollars for it. I am guessing that is not a viable option for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">