• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My business name Copyright/trademark Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Izombie247

Hello. I just signed up because I'm in the process of starting a new business and I will be needing some legal help seeing as how I know nothing about the legal side of things.

I'm in the process of starting my own PC repair/building/gaming business. I'm still in the first stages and I am now building a web page. I have my own name and theme to the business. I haven't done any thing to reserve the name or idea. My question is... Can I make a page on my website that states something along the lines of "THIS IS MINE AND NO YOU CAN'T STEAL IT"? LOL.. In legal terms of course. Some one told me if I put some sort of statement on my page, it will hold up in court if some one robbed me of my idea. I'm short for cash at the moment so I can't go buying trademarks or copyrights or what ever the hell I need to protect my business right now. If any one can help me I would sure appreciate it.

HomeGuru

Hello. I just signed up because I'm in the process of starting a new business and I will be needing some legal help seeing as how I know nothing about the legal side of things.

I'm in the process of starting my own PC repair/building/gaming business. I'm still in the first stages and I am now building a web page. I have my own name and theme to the business. I haven't done any thing to reserve the name or idea. My question is... Can I make a page on my website that states something along the lines of "THIS IS MINE AND NO YOU CAN'T STEAL IT"? LOL.. In legal terms of course. Some one told me if I put some sort of statement on my page, it will hold up in court if some one robbed me of my idea. I'm short for cash at the moment so I can't go buying trademarks or copyrights or what ever the hell I need to protect my business right now. If any one can help me I would sure appreciate it.
**A: you can put that on your home page but it would not make much of a difference.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">