• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HeyLady

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California**************.
My son went to court today but he was sent to a window where a lady told him to come back on Sept 8 because the Judge wants to see him. he got a ticket for less then an oz of medical marijuana. He does have a recommendation. Does anyone know why they are doing this and is this normal?:(

I'm not clear what is going on. The judge doesnt "meet" with defendant's in an instance like this, which is kind of what was implied. They are arraigned.

Did he get arraigned or was it a clerk telling you to appear for arraignment? Sept is fairly far away.

You should call the DA, ask for the fax number and fax your son's MMJ Rec (or state ID Card) with a copy of his ticket to the DA, so they can dismiss your case. Its actually in their interest to know he is legit so they dont waste more time.

If they dont, bring your rec to arraignment. You have good case law in your favor for a dismissal on informal request with your documentation and its easiest on everyone if it goes away at arraignment and it most likely will.

If its not dismissed, and he pleads not guilty, then they will set another court date and you can come post an update and let us know whats happening.. and you can talk to a lawyer or come here and get some ideas on what to do.

Other than the waste of everyones time (cops, DA, judges, clerks - not to mention the defendants) CA still likes to put people through, this is no problem and no worries. His case will go away.

If they confiscated anything - medicine, pipe, etc, let me know and I can point you in the direction to how to get it back or twist their arm for reimbursement.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">