• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

termination due to pacemaker

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

micah.welker

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania.

I worked for CSX Railroads for 22 years and just recently had to get a pacemaker/defibrillator for my heart. I had told my management that I was getting the pacemaker and they told me I would be able to return to work as long as my doctor cleared me to return. Now that I have the pacemaker and my doctor has cleared me to return to work, CSX Railroads is not allowing me to return because of the fact that I have a pacemaker. I have talked to the union attorneys and they have told me to go on disability. Is this in violation of Americans with Disabilities Act? Is it unlawful termination?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

pattytx

What is their reasoning? Do you work in an environment where having a pacemaker would be a risk to you or to others?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">