• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will HELP for minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tam2455

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio
My brother (single) died and has a 13 year old son (custodial parent) that was willed 50% of the estate. The other 50% is to be divided amongst my mother, brother, sister and myself. I am on the outs with my family and have not been provided any information as to the estate. My mother is the executor of the will and is refusing to let my nephew remove his belongings from the house. She also is claiming things of his, like his four wheelers, are part of the estate and do not belong to him. She also is giving stuff away from the house. Is there any way to stop this? How does my nephew get his stuff? Thanks for any help/advice.

Dandy Don

Get a copy of the will from the county courthouse probate court, and then have a consultation with a local attorney about how to proceed. You may need an attorney to act as an intermediary with an uncooperative executrix. The executrix won't be able to continue BS'ing your attorney as she has been doing with you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">