• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Please?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thatguy2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Connecticut

In february i got my first possesion charge (1.7g of marijuana, due to the arresting officer misweighing my bag, it was actually a 0.7g amount) it was nollied with 35 hours of community service, it is now June and I recently received my 2nd possesion charge (4.1g of marijuana) and i got a paraphenalia charge

I know that there is a thirteen month probationary period for a nolly that say if i get introuble again the last charges will be brought up with my second charge, or so ive heard

If my charges from the nolly are brought back with my current charges will that be 2 possesion charges and 1 paraphenalia or 1 possesion charge of 5.8grams and 1 paraphenalia

I was wondering what consequences im looking at i have a lawyer and plan on dressing appropriatly just like i did the first time i went into court

Im guessing that i will have probation, d.e.p., and community service but any feedback would help, no one responded to my first thread and i really would like an answer

thank you to anyone who is kind enough to take there time in helping me out

1) I have no idea what a "nolly" is. However, if you violated whatever conditional discharge program you were in then most likely;

2) this current charge will count as a second offense for possession and (apparently) one first count of paraphernalia. Your first offense for possession will come back and get you up to a year in jail and up to a $1000 fine. The second offense will get you up to 5 years in jail and $3000 in fines. The paraphernalia is a class C misdemeanor and can get you up to 3 months in jail.

How this plays out depends a lot on what your attorney can work out for you with the DA.

My advice?

Listen to your lawyer. Do not speak unless spoken to and only if your lawyer says it's ok.

thatguy2

thank you very much
something i forgot to mention im seventeen
and still have my youthful offender status

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">