• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Imcompetence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thavsam

This is not necessarily an employment complaint but I am not sure where else it fits. I was registering with a professional bosy and they lost my documents. I was told if provided proof when had sent them they would backdate the registration, I have and now they saying that they can't as still other things are missing. They keep messing around with me saying things are sorted out but then are not for over a year now. I have lost financially and emotionally cos of this so called errors...what can I do? do I have grounds to stand on? Thank you guysWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

eerelations

Aw heck, I was really really hoping someone wouldn't weigh in with the US Law Only statement right away...now we'll never find out what a "bosy" is, professional or otherwise.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I made the mistake of looking on the urban dictionary. Put into an employment perspective...I don't want to go there.

anteater

I made the mistake of looking on the urban dictionary. Put into an employment perspective...I don't want to go there.
Does raise interesting possibilities, doesn't it? :eek:

But stubby fingers on the keyboard is the more likely explanation.

Beth3

The title of this thread reminded me of an incident with a prior employer.

We'd hired a new customer service rep who in her first five or six months was completely underwhelming. Anyway, somehow a customer's order got totally messed up (I don't recall the particulars) and this Rep sent the customer an email explaining the mishap and apologizing for the inconvenience.

Unfortunately what the Rep wrote was "We apologize for any incontinence this may have caused." :eek:

She didn't last much longer...

swalsh411

As long as we are on the topic of stupid work mistakes, one time I was asked to do an analysis of the "backlog" which meant in this context how much work had been ordered by customers but not yet performed. I liked to abbreviate my file names so they took up less room on my desktop but what I ended up sending out to about 30 people was the "anal backlog report.xls". For a year after that people would pop into my office asking how my "anal backlog" was going.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Can you show ACTUAL damages? Not what you anticipate might have happened, but can you prove EXACTLY what financial (don't even bother with emotional - you won't get them) damages you have suffered that were caused SOLELY by the documents being lost?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">