• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Involved in Setup, need advice.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrjohnson2012

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania.

Ok so here's the situation. A friend of mine is a drug user, and uses oxycotin about once a week. Recently, one of her dealers was arrested and this dealer contacted her and tried to sell her 30's for rock bottom prices. She was called on a strange number, and when she called back she left a voicemail saying that she would buy 1 of them, but no more, and she is also said "why are you selling me so many for so cheap? I feel like this is a sting or something". Obviously, none of this was smart and the voicemail is her voice her phone.

Anyways. She calls me for advice and I told her to call back and say NO. She hasn't used in about 2 weeks and has nothing in her posession at the moment, but sometimes she will have one or two pills in her apartment.

So our concern now is that the police, based on the voicemail she left, will search her place randomly or something. I want to believe we are just being paranoid, but I want to know the law.

Also I don't want any advice like "tell her to stop using drugs and she'll be fine". I know that is the only way to COMPLETELY avoid any police trouble, but she likes to do them once or twice a week and she is not going to stop. That's an issue for another day. Shes not addicted but she likes to party.

I know people will have a problem with this statement, but please that's not what I'm here to discuss.

I simply want to know: Can the cops get a warrant and search her place? And if they find 1 or 2 oxys, how much trouble is she in?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">