• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Waiver of Probate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ddavis14068

My fiance's father passed away in New York State, Nov. 2009. He just received a Notice of Probate and a Waiver of Process form and a copy of a will from the lawyer representing the estate. The will that was enclosed does not mention my fiance - but family members in NY have seen other wills dated more recently in which he is mentioned.

There is animosity between my fiance and his younger brother. He is the Executor.

We think that his brother did not disclose the other wills to the attorney that is handling the estate, but we have no proof.

The brother told another family member that if my fiance goes after any of the estate, the estate attorney will "sweep him under the rug."

I know that my fiance should hire an estate attorney to handle this, but we have limited funds. Pleas advise.

Thank You!

anteater

I know that my fiance should hire an estate attorney to handle this...Pleas advise.
You know what the advice is going to be, don't you? If the potential gain is worth it, then your fiancée gets an attorney. If someone can't can't come up with one of those more recent wills, it will be a very tough fight.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">