• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Destroyed forgiveness note of debt/ reconveyance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Phs

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
My grandmother gave my father and uncle each a piece of property in 1999,with a small mortgage, a few years ago she forgave the debt on both properties, but the re-conveyance documents were never filed. My father has Alzheimers now and I have power of attorney over him and the property,and my uncle just became successor trustee and has power of attorney over my Grandma. I ask for the paper work and the forgiveness note for my Dad's property it is missing,and someone told me they destroyed it. but I got a copy of the other property forgiveness of debt. They wrote a letter to my attorney saying there was no forgiveness,and are trying to foreclose on me.They don't know I have a copy of there forgiveness note. Any suggestions on what to do? I am getting a new Lawyer at the end of the week,but need suggestions.
Thanks so muchWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Dandy Don

How much is the debt? A copy is merely that--just a copy, that will give an indication of the similarity of facts in this matter but is not definitive proof that could help you legally.

You posted this question twice--please delete the posting that has no response yet.

Phs

It was 109 thousand they added interest and penalties so now they say I owe 136 thousand.
Would the title company have a copy?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">