• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case against the city?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

coddles

california--My supervisor and division director got very upset when I send out the meeting minutes to all staff. in the email I included the supervisor's answers to safety issues; that were clearly being ignore. when I got called in by both supervisor I ask for a union representative, but my request was denied. their reason was that it was not a disciplinary action towards me, but they still lectured me on the bad image I send out about them. two days later I got fired. their reason, failure to complete one-year probationary period. but I have proof and eyewitnesses of my outstanding work, even and excellent 6 mon. evaluation from the supervisor her self. do I have a case? what can I do? even two weeks after being fired, the union steward is willing to help me, but she is also being ignored.

A

Attorney_Replogle

Per the NLRB your only remedy/solution is to carefully follow your union's Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) as far as the filing of a grievance. If you don't follow the CBA grievance procedures then the union and employer can lawfully ignore any further complaints of yours about this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">