• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2nd Drug Charge - Possibility of being reinstated for PC1000?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rudius

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Hi,

I just received a possession of a controlled substance charge. The drugs were my friend's, but they gave both of us charges for possession. I'm currently in PC1000 and I've been attending all required meetings and groups. Now with this charge, is there any way of getting reinstated into PC1000 and not getting sentenced Prop 36? I was thinking that I could show the judge my progress in PC1000 and tell him about my transfer to a university this fall.

Also if I do get Prop 36, will there be a way for me to do it when I go up north to my university? I'm moving to norcal sometime in August and I currently live in socal.

Thanks.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Hi,

I just received a possession of a controlled substance charge. The drugs were my friend's, but they gave both of us charges for possession. I'm currently in PC1000 and I've been attending all required meetings and groups. Now with this charge, is there any way of getting reinstated into PC1000 and not getting sentenced Prop 36? I was thinking that I could show the judge my progress in PC1000 and tell him about my transfer to a university this fall.

Also if I do get Prop 36, will there be a way for me to do it when I go up north to my university? I'm moving to norcal sometime in August and I currently live in socal.

Thanks.
Presuming we arent talking about MJ case(s) which would follow a different path..
and
Presuming you plea/admit - DEJ will likely be terminated in the other case... so that will be a conviction.

You are not going to be eligible for further DEJ due to your prior and the court will not likely be inclined to go that route again .. so you probably wont get that but you will be eligible for Prop 36 and would probably have both cases put into prop 36.

You can transfer prop 36 but that is a formal process done by the probation depts/judges from each county. Considering its for school, I wouldnt imagine that would be a problem.

Last edited:
What progress :confused:
Actually, this is very routine progress. They progress from PC1000 to Prop 36 then they graduate to Drug Court, then the really dedicated progress from Drug Court to the California Rehabilitation Center, which is a drug addict prison.

It remains to be seen if this defendant has the dedication and passion of his trade to make it to the top.

:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">