• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forced Resignation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JBelmont

California: Yesterday I was asked by my employer to travel or turn in a resignation, I chose the latter. My employer's HQ is Based in St Louis, Mo. but my branch is in Anaheim, Ca. I have signed a few education agreements that I was told arent legal (3 years "Loan"). Am I responsible for paying those back? Can they legally withold them from my final paycheck?
I was also told that I could go to a California Authority to research the legality of those, who would that be, Labor Board?

Am I due any/all acrued Personal/Vacation/sick time?

They arent allowing me to clear my personal belongings from my desk until Friday the 13th of april, is that legal?

Thank You in Advance,

Jeff Belmont

[Edited by JBelmont on 04-10-2001 at 09:11 AM]

J

JBelmont

In Addition...

I reverted back to my former business law classes on this one, and would like it if you could verify/deny my research. My verbal resignation was given at approx 9:50PM on the 9th of april, though the e-signatured version didnt get sent until 4:30 am on the 10th, either way my former-employer has informed me that I cannot pickup my paycheck until 4:00 pm on friday the thirteenth (standard pay date)as well as clear out my office. I read in the Ca Labor code section 202 that my pay should be received on or before 72 hours after my resignation, either way the 72 hours will be expired at that point. This employer is also violating section 207.

thank you

A

Attorney_Replogle

Yes, contact the Labor Board at (213) 620-6330. They will verify with you the legal research on these matters.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">