• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

25 yr old will/ gifts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BeauJan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

My grandfather and grandmother passed away recently (April 21, 2010 and January 10, 2010). The executor of the estate just found an old will, at least 20 yrs old. She is now demanding that gifts given to grand children and great grand children be returned. Some of these gifts were given 15+ yrs ago. My Grampa was competent and living in his own home until the day he died. Can she demand the return of gifts given so many yrs ago?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

anteater

Seems pretty simple. Tell the executor to prove that they weren't gifts or to go jump in the lake.

(Has she presented the will for probate and been appointed by the court?)

BeauJan

'Pack sand' was my first thought ;)...I was stunned when I recieved the email.....I stand in awe of stupidity of this. I had thought she was an inteligent person, wow...

She is the middle sister, picked by my grandparents, nothing has gone to probate.

Last edited:

latigo

Well you can’t blame the executrix for trying.

I have a hunch that this loony toon was designated in the will to receive the items and she is not about to be cheated of them. But she is over playing the adage “where there’s a will there’s a way”.

You might ask her if she thinks Oregon’s statute of limitations for replevin of personal property is as extensive as her materialism.

If she is of a mind to do the pounding exercise, Oregon features miles and miles of sandy beaches and she might come up with a bucket or two of “horsenecks” and “geoducks”.

BeauJan

Not so much geoducks :D, (that's more "Warshinton" beaches ;) <snicker> ....

What I 'think' was decided ( it's decision by committee ) is I will write a letter to her attorney (including the email) and ask him to explain the definition of 'gifts' to her.....This is so unbelievable, sadly, never expected this kind of thing to happen......(plus, that would inform him that there is a will, pretty sure she hasn't informed him......)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">