• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

on call work days

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flo3846

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? michigan i work in a ladies clothing store part time, 20 to 25 hours a week. we were just told that one of our off days will now be labled an oc day, or an on call day. it is posted on the schedule and we have to call in that day to see if we are expected to work and what shift it is. i didn't volunteer for this and i was just wondering if this is legal in michigan. if it is my day off, i feel i should be free to do with it what i will, not worry about if i have to work or not. i make minimum wage. i just need to know if this is legal. thanks

swalsh411

If you're on call and are called to come into work and are not able to that day and are fired because of it I doubt you will be disqualified for unemployment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">