• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Resignation Letter?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dcolumbus

I have recently become aware the a company of which I am the Vice President has become inactive in the state of Florida. Also, the President has dealt fasley and unethically with some involved in the business.

What is required for me to resign and break free of any legal issues that may arise from his dealings?

pattytx

Do you have an employment contract?

And how is the company structured? LLC, sole proprietorship, Corporation?

dcolumbus

No, there are no contracts between me and the company whatsoever. A friend and I started the company, he as the President and I as the Vice President.

Since then, I've found out that he has made some enimies and has dealt fraudulently.

No contracts between him and I, or I and the company.

pattytx

Dear Mr. X, Effective XX date, I hereby resign my position as Vice President of YY company.

How is the company structured? Are you an owner or partner?

dcolumbus

I am the Vice President. Which means nothing because I almost never had any say or control over the business dealings or finances.

So, I'm an officer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">