• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who appoints an executor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spoon1

Michigan No will or directives were found for my X husband who had died in his sleep last thursday. His brother took posession of everything and says he disposed of everything by today. He planned a lavish Funeral for Wednesday against my Xs stated wishes to "make my Xs coworkers happy". (They say: Out of the estate procedes and life insurance with our minor son as benificiary when it is paid out) I am the custodial parent.

Our Minor Son is the sole aire.

He, nor I wish to extend this expendature beyond his dad's stated wishes to my son (who turned 17 the day his dad was found dead) but the cost have already been incured or contracted. His dad was sick for a very long time and made his wishes know to his son.

Has my Xs brother over reached? or could he have gotten himself appointed Executor without any court action or input from our minor son or I as his representitive?

anteater

Semi-duplicate post

Arguably, this is a bit different from the topic of your other thread. But it is so close that I suggest that you keep everything in the first thread that you started.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/probate-personal-representatives-114/brother-takes-over-520939.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">