• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Brooklyn, NY 220.03 first offender

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Coneyisland

Brooklyn, NY

On saturday I was hanging out on the lawn of a grateful dead concert when a cop came up to the people next to us, who were smoking, asking them to empty their pockets for a search. Then proceeded to search my friend and I believing that we were in their party. After being searched the officer recovered a marijuana pipe, a small bag of marijuana, 3 LSD tablets and 5 Oxycontin in my pocket. I was charged with a NY 220.03 controlled substances as well as a possession of marijuana in public. I am trying to see if it is possible to get these charges dropped to a 6 month ACD to be wiped off my record after that time, if not what type of charge am I looking at as a first time offender? Also if this is possible then would it be possible to do with a public defender?

Thank you very muchWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

You Are Guilty

Possible? Yes. (Don't ask for specific probability though)

Certainly if an ACD is in the cards, a PD can be very useful in obtaining one. Assuming you otherwise qualify for one, of course.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">