• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

re hire

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

majkhooeji

last year i worked for a riteaid pharmacy. I have been there for a year and a half and during that time i was a part time employee but then my status changed to full time but the hours i was being given was only part time and at some point it became to less hours each month. To support my family i found another job that paid twice the salary but it was only seasonal. I talked to my pharmacy manager two months in advance about my situation and asked if he could give me that one month leave and not give me any hours then because i was making double for a seasonal job. He agreed to give me time off just for that month but we didn't sign any paper agreement because i trusted him and he agreed to it if he found someone to take my place for my hours or if i found someone. at the last min he tells me that he wants me to work regardless of what we discussed. and he he would have to write me up if i don't show up for work. I didn't want to leave my job but i didn't even want to lose my home so the money was necessary. i did not go to work for the rite aid but went to work at my seasonal job. I spoke to the store manager about my situation and found out that my pharmacist did not fire me but the corporate fired me even when i spoke to my pharmacy manager that i would have to quit because he threatened to write me up if i dont show up even after we discussed and agreed to the days off and that i needed just that one month at my other job. And without telling me that i was no longer an employee they put a not re hire-able on my profile at riteaid without telling me that they terminated me.I was not even informed that i was not able to come back to work. what should i do? Is this even legal?

pattytx

Yes, it is legal to record you as not eligible for rehire. And if I were your employer and you came and left and came and left the way you did, I probably wouldn't rehire you either. I know you did it for what you felt were the right reasons, but this is just not an area addressed by any laws.

Beth3

I expect the pharmacy manager discovered that it is a violation of company policy to grant a leave of absence to work at another job elsewhere, hence the change in the decision. Most companies have such a policy.

If they wish to make you ineligible for rehire, they can. What you need to do is start looking for a new full-time job. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">