• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Starting A Business Dilema!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ermballa

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I have a question about how to register my business. I'm strapped for cash and have minimal personal assets (less than 10k worth). I'm single & in my 20's so there are no other bank accounts tied to me - no children or wife involved. I'm starting a business for a workout plan which will be sold mostly online. Because there is a lot of running involved, its understandable some people may get injured...and although I will have many warnings and clauses which people must agree to, in the end I may get sued. A) I want to make sure I can't get sued for more than I'm worth (worse case scenario would be that I lose everything B) what the best type of business would be for me. From what I've read it looks like it will be an s-corp or sole prop. I live in CA so the corporate taxes are around $800 annually which I am trying to avoid. have looked into setting it up in Nevada too. Please help?!

I can't begin to stress to you enough, go see an attorney with what little capital you have. A few hundred bucks now will save you losing any money in the future.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">