• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pc 1000?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

agonallday

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Cali (San Diego)

Hi, I am 17 years old and recently received a ticket for possession of under an oz. of marijuana [11357(b)]. I was supposed to go to court in about 3 weeks, however a a cop called and informed me that if I completed some court ordered drug classes within 90 days, the charges would be dropped and I would not have to appear in court. He said he is going to mail the information to sign up in about 2-3 weeks. Now my first question is what type of classes are these? My friend told me it is probably a PC 1000 class versus NA meetings or other drug awareness classes. Also, do they always drug test at these classes, and if so would I be kicked out if I tested positive? I have not smoked since my ticket, but I am just wondering if I should wait to do the classes when I know I will not test positive. I don't want to risk ruining my chance at getting this off my record. Thanks

You are still a juvi and this will be handled by Juvi prob and they will decide your fate.. but it wont be all that bad. Likely a few classes, and a test or two, and fees of about the same as what the fine would be. It wont be the typical PC 1000 as it goes through juvi prob for the most part... but I'll defer to someone who has a lot of juvi experience.

Yes, if you test dirty, they will convict you and you will lose your license for a year and get a fine of about $500. When you turned 18 and this is closed, it will be completely destroyed and deleted so it wont haunt you at all.

EVEN if you completely flunk this wont stay on your record. It gets destroyed/deleted/purged by law. The worst that happens is the 1 year dl suspension and the fine.

If you complete your DEJ, this will be dismissed and destroyed and your license wont be suspended.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">