• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fuelman1956

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fuelman1956

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
I have quit my job due to poor and unsafe working conditions. I would like to know If I AM entitled to my personnel file and all of the contents? I do not trust the employer or employees I worked for and with. Some of my personal info such as SS#,DL# are in an area that anyone can gain access to.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mlane58

Florida law is silent on access to employment filed, so youyr ex-employer isn't obligated to to give copies or show your file to you for any reason.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
I have quit my job due to poor and unsafe working conditions. I would like to know If I AM entitled to my personnel file and all of the contents? I do not trust the employer or employees I worked for and with. Some of my personal info such as SS#,DL# are in an area that anyone can gain access to.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
There is no entitlement here. In fact I don't know an employer in the country would not not be entitled to keep their personnel file with your information.

swalsh411

Even in states that do require employers to give you access to your file, you get a copy and they keep the originals. They have a legitimate need to keep I-9s, W-4s, etc. You cannot force them to hand over their only copies and you have no legal right to erase the fact that you worked there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">