• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

school suspension -questionable tactics

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

georgen

High school in Illinois I was at a school Battle of the Bands event for 5-10 minutes when I was surrounded by 2 deans, and 4 policemen.They said I needed to come with them for questioning. They put me under a bright light and all six smelled my hands and checked my eyes.They threatened to arrest me if I did not cooperate. I was threatened 3 seperate times.They said I was threatened because I wanted to leave. All 6 adults stood around me. They said my right hand smelled like marijuana, and my eyes were dialated. I am a cigarette smoker,not marijuana. I am suspended for 10 days because they said I was under the influence. My parents were called and I was sent home. We had a meeting with the dean, and asked how I was picked out of the crowd of hundreds after only 5-10 minutes and the dean said the school officer said my eyes looked dialated. I am being railroaded and the school is sticking to their story that my right hand smelled. I don't want to be suspended for something I didn't do, or have it on my school record. My parents are supporting me, but the school is not cooperating. What can we do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">