• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Didn't get a census Job - why?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Stellar Day

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA

In March, I called the census job line to check the status of my application. They located my file and confirmed that I passed the test (92), that the background check was complete and I could expect a phone call in about 15 days. I never got a phone call. Don't I have a right to know why they didn't offer me a job after telling me things looked fine? Did they run another background check and found something negative? I have no criminal past.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

pattytx

How would we know? I got a perfect score, have no criminal background, and I didn't get one either.

No, you don't have a legal right to know why. Hiring for the census is over. Move on.

csi7

You filled out your forms for availability, preferences of work times, and hours, and type of census job you prefer, so this information is also used in the ratings.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Another factor is how much work there is in your area. They only need so many people - if they'd already filled all the slots by the time they got to your app, then you don't get called.

Bottom line is, there could be a hundred possible reasons why you didn't get a census job, no one here can possibly tell you why you didn't, and no, you do not have a legal right to know why not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">