• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Appliance Installers Damaged my new Hardwood Floors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KindaNutz

I just had new flooring installed in my condo that I closed on last month. I ordered a fridge online through a company along with an installation package. The company contracts to another company to install the fridge. During the installation the two men left several scratches (some over a foot in length). My new floors in my kitchen now are damaged and I don't know how to pursue this. So far I have talked to the online company's customer service who then told me that their supervisor would like me to email me some pictures of the damaged floor. I did this earlier today and have yet to recieve any response. Also when the two installers were finished I mentioned the scratches and they said they would have their supervisor call me. That never happened! Who should be the responsible party, the original company or the appliance technicians hired by them? Also, how should I go about making sure they are held responsible for my damaged floors?

justalayman

you need to figure out how and how much it will cost to have the damage repaired. If this was a prefinished floor, it may mean replacing part of the floor. If it was a post installation finished floor, it may mean sanding and refinishing the floor.

Both parties bear liability. The contracted company as themselves but the company that hired them as well.. I suspect the sales place will bear the brunt of the costs and then seek repayment from the delivery company.

If you end up suing anybody, you sue both parties.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">