• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just a couple questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

longlostfox

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Hey I just have a couple questions for you all. If I give my two weeks notice and my resignation is not accepted as immediate Can my company change my job? As an example can my position be switched from unloading trucks to maintenance. My second question if it is said in an interview you will be given an evaluation after 90 days to determine if we are going to keep you any longer than that can the employer get rid of an employee prior to the 90 days without notice? I know my company is at will employment, but I was just wondering since it was specifically stated as such. Thanks in advance for your help

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Unless you have a legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA that expressly says otherwise, your employer can legally change your job any time he cares to, regardless of whether you've put in your two week notice or not.

With the same caveat, yes, you can be fired at any time for any reason not specifically prohibited by law, inside or outside the 90 days.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">