• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Dealer wanted to back out of HIS DEAL!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickiekay

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

My car was starting to make noise from the engine. It was 10 years old so I decided it may be time to get a new car. I drove my car to the repair shop to find out what was wrong with it. I decided I would start looking around to figure out exactly what type of new car I was interested in. I went to a dealership and test drove a few cars and ended up really fell in love with a car. I told the dealer my car was at the repair shop getting checked out for an engine noise. I told him I could think about the deal and bring over my trade in the next day. He wanted to close the deal right then and there so he said he would take the trade in sight unseen or as is if I did the deal right then. I felt a little pressured but I really liked the car so I agreed. The dealer had me call the repair shop and get the mileage from my car. When I had them on the phone they said they still had not looked at my car yet. The dealer gave me a trade in value of $4500 and wrote up all the paperwork. I signed all the paperwork, including paperwork that signed my car over to them. I left the dealership with all my signed documents and the keys to my new car. About an hour later I called the repair shop because I had still not her back from them and I wanted them to know I had traded the car in so I would be coming to pick it up. The repair was more than we imagined. I called the dealer to tell him but now he wants to redo my paperwork and take back the trade-in amount. Can he do this? He knew up front there was a problem and he accepted the car as is. The dealer told me he will not pay the amount that remains on my car ($3500) the trade-in. What should I do? Do I have any legal rights?:confused:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">