• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NEED HELP cont........

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bob y

i live in ohio. i put hvac equipment in a home for a guy i knew. i purchased the equipment from my former company. the guy i did the work for didn't pay the full verbally agreed price.
therefore, i cashed his check, and paid my helper for his share. the equipment debt is still outstanding with my former company. i contacted them and said i would pay this man's incurred debt, in small payments.
unfortunately, they've summoned me to small claims court and ignored my attempt to set up payments on this debt.
my question is, is there free legal help i can get to help assist me in small claims?
i would also like to know if i can get paid in full on a verbal agreement. the job was done in the state of west virginia, while i lived in ohio. i am/was not a company, just doing a job on the side.
if i lose, will i be able to make payments on this debt, and do i have any legal leg to stand on?

[Edited by bob y on 04-10-2001 at 10:19 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">