• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Asset Search, Closing Statement, IRS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

colby44

Idaho
I think I need an asset search on my father according 2 his ex-wife. She says he has a tax deferred account hidden somewhere. I know this sounds like a dumb question possibly but who do I go to for that kind of thing just for money accounts(asset search)?
I also need to know where I can get the closing statement form(s) for Idaho.
I can't find anywhere what I need.
Colorado states you need:

Statement of Personal Representative Closing Small Estate
Decedent’s Estate Inventory
Interim/Final Accounting

Does Idaho require all that too or is it just one form?
This is just a small estate and that form was already submitted.

My father will have a small amount of money coming back from taxes next year. If pay out all the money from the Estate Account, close said account and submit the Closing Statement this year how can I do his taxes for this year and disperse that amount?

Thank-you. Personal Rep

TinkerBelleLuvr

Look at prior year tax returns because the support data might be found with the return. Even though it is "non-taxable", it still might be taxable on the state level.

colby44

Yes, I thought so too but it wasn't there. I went through many yrs back taxes.
She(his-x) said he wouldn't have done that anyway for fear of being found out about his hidden asset(s). She only found out accidentally due to a statement being mistakenly sent to the house for wherever reason. He told them not to do that. That was when they were married and of course now they're not for a few yrs now and she doesn't remember what institute it was.
He's been known to do the same thing in previous marriages also. I don't know why he does such a horrible thing. He's never been through a divorce where he lost his shirt or anything like some poor guys do. Thanks again for any help..

TinkerBelleLuvr

In that case, you can request all pertinent records filed with the IRS. You will obviously need to inform them that you have the right to request said paperwork. If he received more than $10.00 in interest (taxable or non-taxable), it had to be reported to the IRS.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">