• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brb123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

Just wondering what are my legal rights. If my employer gives a random drug test to everyone by taking urine samples but makes me give a hair sample instead. Are any laws being broke.

Also I may be suffering from depression with my wife leaving me a few days ago. Can my employer terminate me still if i repeatedly express my mental state is not safe enough for me to come to work. im having a hard time talking myself into seeing a doctor. Can I get on FMLA? Does my employer have to offer me some kind of help?

Beth3

Just wondering what are my legal rights. If my employer gives a random drug test to everyone by taking urine samples but makes me give a hair sample instead. Are any laws being broke.

Unlikely. Did they give you any reason why they changed the testing procedure for you?

Also I may be suffering from depression with my wife leaving me a few days ago. Can my employer terminate me still if i repeatedly express my mental state is not safe enough for me to come to work

Yes, if you just keep calling in absent because you feel down in the dumps.

im having a hard time talking myself into seeing a doctor. Can I get on FMLA?

Perhaps but you must see a doctor who must certify you as having a "serious
health condition." You need to ask your employer for FMLA certification paperwork and then see a qualified physician.

Does my employer have to offer me some kind of help?

No. If your employer has an EAP (employee assistance plan), you should seriously consider contacting them. The EAP can refer you to a therapist or doctor.

Hot Topic

Hair samples are considered more accurate. Since you didn't violate any drug laws, I'm sure you'll be okay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">