• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contract question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flyboynm

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Mexico

I have a contract that stipulates that the first monthly payment is due upon signing. The exact wording is of the lease show the following lines:

"Amount Due at Lease Signing"
"Initial lease payment/month"

Naturally I had to pay that amount when I signed the contract and I did.

The lease also stipulates shows that the first payment is due on 6/8/10 and the 8th every month thereafter. I ask because the wording makes you think that the first payment was already paid when I signed the lease.

I am asking because I was contacted today stating that I am 30 days past due. The wording of that contract makes it look that I am current and 2nd payment would have been due today and that I am not overdue at all. They are threatening me that they will show that I am 30 days late on my credit report and you know as well as I do that your credit is more important than ever before.

Your thoughts? I have the money to pay the 30 days late issue along with my current payment, but it is the principle of the matter here.

I did not take possession until after the first payment date either.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">