• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

enterprise car rental

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jtwilly

Recently I my insurance company sent me to Enterprise car rental for a car. When I got there they informed me that I was on a dnr list from 1999. now I have rented quite a few cars from them up until recently. When I contacted the corp office about this I informed them that I did not rent the car that they were stating that I rented. I asked for a copy of the contract with my signature on it and was told they dont have those files it was to long ago. I was informed that they had rented me a car and that I had an accident and never paid the damage. Which is not true. Up until this year I have never had an accident nor a ticket. they then informed me that they would be reporting this on my credit. I again asked for a copy of the contract and they then informed me that since I was stating it was not me then they cant provide me any information. What do I do from here. yes they are reporting it on my credit. which I did contact the agency and disputed it.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Enterprise can't be forced to rent you a car.
I also do not believe a "debt" from 1999 is still showing up on your credit report. If it is, then it will be easy to remove with the CRA.

cosine

If they report the information on your credit report and refuse to remove it when disputed, you can sue them for the harm from that.

You can also file a "John Doe" (in lieu of knowing the identity of who rented the car in your name) lawsuit, also naming the car rental company as party for discovery, to get that information. This is more complex, so you need a lawyer.

File a police report for identity theft. Ask the police to get the information from the car rental company. The police may be able to provide that information to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">