• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

on medical leave

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

simmerdown3

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I work in a daycare and I was on medical leave for a leg injury. I was on medical leave for 5 days and then told I needed a return to work notice from my doctor, I went to get the notice and the doctor just signed me off for 3 more days. The day after I was told to get the medical note, i was in the process of getting my boss called and said that she was not going to have me come back and that I took to much time off work. The only time I ever take off is when I give her written notice atleast a month in advance to use my comp time that I have built up that she said we could use through out the year. I even work on the day that was suppose to be my day off for my son's therapy, I have made sure other people can take him because she needed the help to cover children. I was out last August on medical leave for a infection my throat where I could not talk.
What I am wondering here though is does she have a right to do this to me? To terminate me when she has never had any problems with my performance before now, I even left my one position to accomodate her and go to other.
Should I seek legal counsel on this matter?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I work in a daycare and I was on medical leave for a leg injury. I was on medical leave for 5 days and then told I needed a return to work notice from my doctor, I went to get the notice and the doctor just signed me off for 3 more days. The day after I was told to get the medical note, i was in the process of getting my boss called and said that she was not going to have me come back and that I took to much time off work. The only time I ever take off is when I give her written notice atleast a month in advance to use my comp time that I have built up that she said we could use through out the year. I even work on the day that was suppose to be my day off for my son's therapy, I have made sure other people can take him because she needed the help to cover children. I was out last August on medical leave for a infection my throat where I could not talk.
What I am wondering here though is does she have a right to do this to me? To terminate me when she has never had any problems with my performance before now, I even left my one position to accomodate her and go to other.
Should I seek legal counsel on this matter?
How many employees does this company have?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
We also need to know how long you have worked there and how much time, TOTAL (not just for this injury) you have missed in the last 12 months.

Betty

& just to verify, did you work at least 1,250 hours for your employer in the 12 months immediately preceding the leave? Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">