• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unprofessional business!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
Good evening, about 2 months ago, I visited a meeting center with my brother & sister. We were looking for a place to have a surprise birthday party for my mother. The place was beautiful, with piping & draping & was shown to us by a representative of the business center. The representative told us how he could change the colors if we wanted & we agreed it was great just the way we saw it. 3 weeks ago, my sister went back to the center with our decorator. When she arrived, she didn't recognize the place. All of the piping & draping were gone, so she inquired about it. My sister was told, the draping & piping is additional at $300 a wall if we wanted it. When my sister relayed the message to me & my brother, we were stunned, because we weren't informed of the additional cost at our initial visit, nor is there any mention of the draping & piping costing additional in our contract. The place was shown to us as is, we liked it & agreed that's how we wanted the setup for the party. Since then, my sister's been in contact with 2 other representatives & she was basically told, they're sorry we weren't told of the cost, but they'd put the piping & draping up for $600. This is $600 additional we hadn't planned in our budget. When we visited the place yesterday, I too couldn't believe it was the same room. The walls are filled with ugly, ancient black & white pictures, which we were told many can be removed, but 4 larger photos are mounted & can't be removed. We asked for a meeting with the president, & she phoned my sister & basically said, she was just informed of our situation & if we didn't like the $600 price they gave us, she'd refund us our money. It's way too late for a refund, because we spent money for invitations, postage & the invitations have already been sent out with the center named as the place for the party. Not to mention people are coming out of town & from overseas. Also, the party is in 2 weeks, there's just no way, we can find a comparable place in such a short time. We we hoping the president, would be reasonable & come down to about $300 for the draping & piping, but that hasn't happened. Should we seek counsel, or just lick our would from being inconvenience & misrepresented by the center? Thanks in advance.:mad:

Last edited:

I'm guessing counsel probably is not worth going after $600 bucks. The situation sounds crappy. Sorry to hear you got screwed. You might be able to find a lawyer write a nice letter on your behalf for cheap or free.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">