• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not clear on contract law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hazy Contract

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I signed a contract to put siding on my house. I was unaware that this was a binding contract. I had explained to the salesman that I was still working on finances. I thought that I was acknowledging the repairs and the cost. I did not realize I had three days to get back to him. Now a week later he has contacted me, told me that he has already purchased the siding and I have two weeks to get the money ($10,000). What liability do I have if I cannot get the money? What can his company do to me? I am scared of the unknown! Please help.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

cosine

If you didn't read the contract you signed when you signed it, it might be a good idea to go ahead and read it now.

cosine

reading it again will not work now. You have only one option now..pay him
Sure it will work. It will work just fine. But since you don't seem to grasp what "working" is in this case, I'll explain it to you. It will work to make him understand exactly what he agreed to. Mostly likely he did agree to pay.

Hazy Contract

He has not done any work. What do I have pay him for. Not only do I not trust him, I do not feel comfortable with him at all. Plus I do not have the money and cannot get the money. My credit is in repair due to a divorce and my house does not have enough equity for an equity loan. I have nothing to give. What I need to know, is what can he do to me?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">